NNELS is hosting a two-day invitation-only summit on accessible publishing in Canada. This event will be held in Toronto on January 28th and 29th, 2019. We are inviting approximately up to 50 stakeholders in the ebook production chain, including EPUB accessibility experts, ebook publishers, distributors, readers with print disabilities, librarians, and alternate-format producers.
The goal of the summit is to create and distribute a set of best practices for accessible EPUB relevant to communities along that chain; related documentation will be publicly available online.
We are looking for a Toronto-based facilitator to:
- Keep the days moving forward, and the agenda on-track;
- Ensure every community leaves the Summit with a clearer understanding of its role in the creation of accessible material, and how it can support other members of that chain;
- Work with the organizing committee to finalize the agenda and ensure the Summit's goals will be met;
- Ensure many voices are heard and that none dominate;
- Uphold an environment that respects diversity and prioritizes inclusivity;
- Knowledge of both English and French is desirable.
How to Apply
To apply to facilitate our Summit please send your résumé to the BC Libraries Co-op Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter telling us:
- Why you think you would be a good fit as a facilitator for this event;
- At least two (2) references for your facilitation work;
- Your expected daily rate.
Please apply before 12 PM ET, December 14, 2018.
Please direct questions to Laurie Davidson: email@example.com
The National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS) works to make books available to Canadian readers with print disabilities. In addition to overseeing a repository of content owned and sustained by Canadian public libraries, NNELS works with international partners, libraries, readers, and publishers to advance accessible publishing. NNELS is funded by eight provinces and territories.