With polite smiles, the planet frustrated him at every turn - until he found them all the hard way
Recently Added Titles
- Auteur: Vance, JackSommaire:
- Auteur: Rizal, Jos,̌Sommaire:
When her husband was sleeping off the wine he had drunk, or was snoring through the siesta, and she could not quarrel with him, Doqa Consolacion, in a blue flannel camisa, with a big cigar in her mouth, would take her stand at the...
- Auteur: IBSEN, HenrikSommaire:
A Doll’s House, written two years after The Pillars of Society, was the first of Ibsen’s plays to create a sensation and is now perhaps his most famous play, and required reading in many secondary schools and...
- Auteur: Johnston, Annie F. (Annie Fellows)Sommaire:
The LITTLE COLONEL Series consisted of 15 titles and a paperdoll book, all published by L.C. Page Company between 1896 and 1914. In 1935, Shirley Temple starred in the film version of the first novel, The Little Colonel.
- Auteur: WELLS, Herbert G.Sommaire:
Wells wrote in his book God the Invisible King that his idea of God did not draw upon the traditional religions of the world: "This book sets out as forcibly and exactly as possible the religious belief of the writer. [Which] is a...
- Auteur: Burgess, Thornton W. (Thornton Waldo)Sommaire:
Bowser decides to hunt down Old Man Coyote. Old Man Coyote's trick leads Bowser to lose his way and meet other animals as he tries to find home.
- Auteur: Forbes, GeorgeSommaire:
A general history of astronomy to 1909.
- Auteur: Simak, Clifford D.Sommaire:
This story was first published in March 1955 Galaxy and the e-text was produced from the anthology "All the Traps of Earth and other stories".
- Auteur: Ariosto, LodovicoSommaire:
"With this new verse translation of Orlando Furioso ("Mad Orlando"), David R. Slavitt introduces readers to Ariosto's now-neglected masterpiece - a poem whose impact on Western literature can scarcely be exaggerated...
- Auteur: Lavell, EdithSommaire:
- Auteur: JAMES, Charles C.Sommaire:
This paper takes the reader through the early settlement from 1783 to the modern period of 1888-1912. We see how farming and farm industries developed and how the population was distributed during these times. We see the trends of...
- Auteur: Carboni, RaffaelloSommaire:
The Eureka Stockade: The Consequence Of Some Pirates Wanting On Quarter-deck A Rebellion; Issue 3 Of Australiana Facsimile Editions reprint Raffaello Carboni Public Library of South Australia, 1855
- Auteur: Blaisdell, Mary FrancesSommaire:
A fictional diary of a rabbit. Grades 2-4.
- Auteur: John MuirSommaire:
Wild wool.--A geologist’s winter walk.--Summer days at Mount Shasta.--A perilous night on Shasta’s summit.--Shasta rambles and Modoc memories.--The city of the Saints.--A great storm in Utah.--Bathing in Salt Lake...
- Uncle Wiggily and Old Mother Hubbard : Adventures of the Rabbit Gentleman with the Mother Goose Characters.Auteur: Garis, Howard Roger, Garis, Howard RogerSommaire:
Uncle Wiggily Longears, an old bunny gentleman now stricken with rheumatism and getting around with a cane, still is quite active. In these stories, he encounters a string of characters from Mother Goose's tales and has adventures...
- Auteur: BRAZIL, AngelaSommaire:
The Fortunes of Philippa is based on the author's mother, Angelica Brazil, who had grown up in Rio de Janeiro and attended an English boarding school at the age of 10, finding the English culture, school life and climate...
- Auteur: Wister, OwenSommaire:
Lin McLean is an unaffected, attractive young cowboy in the Wyoming territory before statehood. This book is various stories in his life.
- Auteur: Rockwood, RoySommaire:
Jack and Mark encounter more dangers as they accompany Professor Henderson on his underwater expedition to the South Pole.
- Auteur: Melville, HermanSommaire:
A story, based on the author's experiences as common sailor on board a U.S. frigate homeward bound from Callao, Peru around Cape Horn, 1843.
- Auteur: TACITUS, Caius CorneliusSommaire:
AD 69, the year following Nero's suicide and marking the end of the first dynasty of imperial Rome, was one of the most dramatic and dangerous in the city's history. In the surviving books of his Histories, the great barrister...