These directions require that you have Darwin Reader already installed on your device. Darwin Reader is available from the Google Play store as a 30-day free trial or full version ($14.95).
- Download and unzip a Daisy book from NNELS.
- Locate the unzipped folder (likely in your "Downloads" folder), right-click and "copy" the folder (the folder, not its contents).
- Connect your Android device to your computer, and navigate to the device from the computer. Mac users, please note: to transfer files between a Mac computer or laptop and an Android device, you need to install this Android File Transfer app on your computer or laptop.
- Locate and open the "DarwinLibrary" folder. If your Android device uses an SD card, locate the "DarwinLibrary" folder on the SD card. If, for some reason, you can't see the DarwinLibrary folder, open the "Downloads" folder instead.
- Paste the folder you copied inside the "DarwinLibrary" folder, or inside the "downloads" folder located inside that DarwinLibrary folder. On a Mac, you may have to click and drag the book into the Android File Transfer window (pasting may not work).
- Once the file is fully transferred, safely disconnect your device.
- On your tablet, open the Darwin Reader app and select "Add Books to Library", then "Transfer from Computer", and then "Select the Book".
- From the pop-up window, choose "DarwinLibrary" from the list (or whichever folder you chose to paste the DAISY book).
- Select your book and then the "ncc.html" file.
- Return to the list of books inside the Darwin Reader app and select the title you added. Some DAISY books will give you the option to "Read book as Audio" (audio only) or "Read book as Text (audio plus text). Not all DAISY books contain the text file.
To delete a book from Darwin Reader:
- Tap and hold your finger on the title you wish to delete.
- From the "Book Options" tap "Delete this book."
Please email email@example.com if any part of these instructions don't work!