When a peaceful monastery in Que?bec is shattered by the murder of their renowned choir director, Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and Jean-Guy Beauvoir of the Sa?urete du Que?bec are challenged to find the killer in a cloistered...
Recently Added Titles
- Author: Penny, LouiseSummary:
- Letters of Jonathan Oldstyle, gent. ; Salmagundi : or, The whim-whams and opinions of Launcelot Langstaff, Esq. & othersAuthor: Irving, WashingtonSummary:
- Author: Chekhov, Anton PavlovichSummary:
- Author: Henty, G. A. (George Alfred)Summary:
The Seven Years' War was a world war fought between 1754 and 1763, the main conflict occurring in the seven-year period from 1756 to 1763. It involved every European great power of the time except the Ottoman Empire, spanning five...
- Author: Evanovich, JanetSummary:
After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie's bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling...
- Author: Jacobs, AnnaSummary:
Keara Michaels doesn't want to leave home in Ireland, but fate sends her first to Lancashire, then across the sea to Australia, pregnant and penniless. Mark Gibson runs away there when his wife dies and soon employs Keara in his...
- Author: Crowley, F. K. (Francis Keble)Summary:
A history of Western Australia from the first settlements to modern times.
- Author: DAHL, RoaldSummary:
"My dear old furry frump," says Mr Fox to Mr Badger, "do you know anyone in the whole world who wouldn't swipe a few chickens if their children were starving to death?" A funny and exciting tale for children,...
- Author: WORTHY, FrankSummary:
The travels of a couple on a sixty day bus tour around Australia.
- Author: Whitaker, D. (David)Summary:
Contains the unabridged readings of three classic Doctor Who novelisations, each read by William Russell. They are "Doctor Who and the Daleks"; "Doctor Who and the Crusaders"; and "Doctor Who and the Zarbi...
- Author: Connelly, MichaelSummary:
In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off...
- Author: Murray, AndrewSummary:
Andrew Murray (May 9, 1828 - January 18, 1917) was a South African writer, teacher, and Christian pastor. Murray considered missions to be "the chief end of the church." Murray provides 31 heart searching readings to daily...
- Author: Johns, W. E. (William Earl)Summary:
"Biggles" (nickname for James Bigglesworth), a pilot and adventurer, is the title character and main hero of the Biggles series of youth-oriented adventure books written by W. E. Johns.
- Author: Howard, Robert E.Summary:
Breckinridge Elkins is the roughest, toughest, fastest-shootin’, hardest-fightin’ feller in the Bear Creek settlement, and probably in the entire Humbolt Mountains. As he travels further from home, he single-...
- Author: Howard, Robert E. (Robert Ervin)Summary:
- Author: Austen, JaneSummary:
A selection of short fiction written by Austen when she was a teenager.
- Author: Murray, AndrewSummary:
This is Murray's testimony of his faith in divine healing and how he was healed by the mercy of god after two years of ill health.
- Author: Peel, JohnSummary:
Stranded in the jungles of Kembel, the most hostile planet in the Galaxy, Space Security agent Marc Cory has stumbled across the most deadly plot ever hatched--the Daleks are about to invade and destroy the Universe. Cory has to get a...
- Author: Saward, EricSummary:
Based on the BBC television serial by Anthony Steven by arrangement with the British Broadcasting Corporation.
- Author: Appleton, VictorSummary:
Tom, we're having a problem with the gyro-stabilizer, said Mark Faber, gray-haired president of the Faber Electronics Company. "Hope you can find out what's wrong." The eighteen-year-old inventor accepted the...