NNELS (National Network for Equitable Library Service) under the direction of the BC Libraries Co-op is looking to engage a Video Editor & Producer to create and edit an educational video series on accessible ebook production.
The goal of the project is to develop and publicly distribute a series of videos on ebook production relevant to communities along that chain. The video series will consist of a minimum of six videos (not more than 10 minutes each), which address important ebook accessibility issues. NNELS will provide all content (written and/or video).
We are looking for a Video Editor & Producer to:
- Create and edit fun and engaging video content to educate people on how to produce accessible ebooks.
- Gather and create footage, sound effects, music, and graphics.
- Plan, organize, and direct the artistic aspects of production.
- Plan and coordinate the production of video recordings.
- Provide guidance and expertise on script-writing and delivery including editing scripts and advising on the interpretation and delivery of the content.
- Consult and work regularly with our accessibility team to gain a full understanding of the content and audience needs.
- Provide regular written updates to the NNELS Content Coordinator and Coordinator for Accessibility Testing.
- Deliver multiple versions of each video, optimized for various platforms (eg: Facebook, YouTube, Website, etc.).
Proposals will be reviewed on the basis of their general quality, relevant experience of the proponent, and stated and verified ability to complete the work within the project timeline and budget.
The successful proponent will demonstrate and/or provide evidence of the following competencies:
- Professional video production and post-production experience.
- Ability to articulate ideas and to take a creative project from initial to final stages.
- A creative mind with storytelling skills.
- Strong communications skills in English (written and oral).
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with individuals and groups in a distributed environment (team members do not all work in one location).
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
As this is a remote position, the proponent will be required to use their own devices and programs for video production and editing.
The project must be completed by March 27, 2020.
How to Apply
To apply please send your résumé and at least two (2) samples of your video production work to the BC Libraries Co-op Office: email@example.com, along with a cover letter telling us:
- Why you think you would be a good fit for this position;
- Your expected project cost based on the outline above.
Please apply by 22:00 Pacific Time, August 18, 2019.
Please direct questions to Laurie Davidson: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS) works to make books available to Canadian readers with print disabilities. In addition to overseeing a repository of content owned and sustained by Canadian public libraries, NNELS works with international partners, libraries, readers, and publishers to advance accessible publishing. NNELS is funded by eight provinces and territories.
The BC Libraries Cooperative hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for the positions we post; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.