NNELS is a publicly funded organization that provides digital public library services to Canadians with print disabilities in addition to a range of digital publishing services for Canadian publishers, post-secondary institutions, and government clients.
NNELS employs a team of accessibility, ebook and audiobook experts, including experts with various print disabilities who have extensive experience using assistive technologies to assess accessibility in reading applications, websites, and documents.
If you're interested in using our services, please submit the Request for Services Form.
- Remediation and conversion of your existing commercial audiobooks to accessible audiobooks in both MP3 and DAISY audiobook formats.
- Production of commercial audiobooks in MP3 format from narration to post-production.
- Writing image descriptions for your books.
- Audits of your EPUB ebooks including concrete recommendations on how to update your files to ensure accessibility.
- Systematic evaluations of the accessibility of your desktop and/or mobile websites, including concrete recommendations on how to bring your website into alignment with WCAG 2.1 level AA compliance.
- Systematic evaluations of the accessibility of your reading system application, including concrete recommendations on how to remove accessibility barriers for people with print disabilities who rely on assistive technologies.
We offer various workshops depending on your needs, including workshops on:
- Accessible content production for eBooks, audiobooks, websites, and other documents.
- Best practices for describing images.