Access the app store on your iPad and search for the Voice Dream app. Note: This app is not free. You will need to chose to make the install on your iPad.
- To get started open the Voice Dream app
- Tap the + symbol to access titles from NNELS.
- From the Pop-up menu, select Web Browser. Enter the URL in the web browser: nnels.ca
- Sign in with your library card and PIN in the NNELS site.
- You can either search the catalogue for a specific title, or browse the “Recently Added” section.
- Once you have found the title you wish to download, click on the “Download the Daisy File”
- The title will begin to download. You will then see a 'loading' screen. Once the loading screen is complete, you will see a final File Loaded screen.
- Tap OK and then tap Done.
- You will return to the Voice Dream app, where you will see your new title.
- Tap the title to open and press the Play arrow. A voice will start reading the title to you.
You can also adjust the speech rate, add and manage voices by tapping the Audio Settings icon.
For a printable step by step see the attachment on this page. For a bit of a demonstration check out our video here.