- Author: Meyer, JoyceDate:Created2002Summary:
Worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger, and feelings of condemnation -- all these are attacks on the mind. If you suffer from negative thoughts, take heart! Joyce Meyer has helped millions win these all-important battles, and she can help you, too. In her most popular bestseller ever, the beloved author and minister shows you how to change your life by changing your mind. She teaches you how to deal with thousands of thoughts you have every day and focus your mind to think the way God thinks. And she shares the trials, tragedies, and ultimate victories from her own marriage, family, and ministry that led her to wondrous, life-transforming truth -- and reveals her thoughts and feelings every step of the way. Now it's your turn to: Gain control over your mind and find freedom and peace; Recognize damaging thoughts and stop them from influencing your life; Be patient with yourself even when you make mistakes; Arm yourself with the Word of God, praise, prayer, and other powerful spiritual weapons; Follow the light out of your mental "wilderness"--The bad attitudes and excuses people use that keep them from God -- and find undreamed of happiness and fulfillment. Don't surrender to misery another day. Find out today how to guarantee your victory in your Battlefield of the Mind! - Back cover.Contents:
Subject(s): Christian life | Thought and thinking--Religious aspects--Christianity | Spiritual warfare | Mental health--Religious aspects | Mental health--Religious aspects--Christianity | Thought and thinking--Religious aspectsOriginal Publisher: New York, N.Y., WarnerLanguage(s): EnglishISBN: 0446691097, 9780446691093, 9780446692144Collection(s)/Series: Mental Health Resources
- Part one : The importance of the mind. Introduction
- The mind is the battlefield
- A vital necessity
- Don't give up!
- Little by little
- Be positive
- Mind-binding spirits
- Think about what you're thinking about
- Part two : Conditions of the mind. Introduction
- When is my mind normal?
- A wandering, wondering mind
- A confused mind
- A doubtful and unbelieving mind
- An anxious and worried mind
- A judgmental, critical and suspicious mind
- A passive mind
- The mind of Christ
- Part three : Wilderness mentalities. Introduction
- My future is determined by my past and my present
- I don't want the responsibility
- I can't take it if things are too hard!
- I can't help it : I'm just addicted
- Don't make me wait : I want it now!
- It's not my fault!
- My life is so miserable
- I don't deserve God's blessings
- Why shouldn't I be jealous?
- I'm doing it my way!