- Author: McAllister, IanContributor: McAllister, Karen; Young, CameronDate:Created1997Summary:
Along the coast between Vancouver Island and Alaska lies 250 miles of forested island and inlets. Ian and Karen McAllister spent seven years photographing and mapping this forgotten wild ecosystem. Their informative text and remarkable photographs (including some of the most extraordinary images of wild bears ever published) present a complete picture of this unique area. 150 color photos.Contents:
Subject(s): British Columbia | Great Bear Rainforest | Natural history | Pictorial works | Rain forest conservation | Rain forest ecology | TiereOriginal Publisher: San Francisco, Sierra Club BooksLanguage(s): EnglishISBN: 1578050111, 9781578050116Collection(s)/Series: BC and Yukon Book Prizes 2020
- Chapter one: Ancient forests of the Salmon Bear
- Chapter two: Into the heart of the Great Bear Rainforest
- Chapter three: Amongst the Fiords
- Chapter four: North to the border
- Great Bear Rainforest proposal.