NNELS formats guide
- Author: Neuhaus, Tom.Date:Created2012Contents:
Subject(s): Germany | Great Britain | History | History and criticism | Public opinion | Travelers' writings, British | Travelers' writings, GermanOriginal Publisher: Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire, New York, NY, Palgrave MacmillanLanguage(s): English
- Part I. Representations, 1853-1904
- Lifting the veil
- Knowledge, Ethnography and Orientalism
- Missionaries and the Evils of "Lamaism"
- Science and Exploration
- Part II. Representations, 1904-1947
- Developing Diplomacy
- Racial and Social Orders
- From Religion to Spirituality
- Mountains and Men
- Part III. Legacies, 1947-1959
- Coping with "loss" : Tibet after 1947
- Conclusion and Epilogue.