NNELS formats guide
- Author: Engel, DavidEdition: UnabridgedDate:,Created2011Copyrighted2006Summary:
In this course, Professor David Engel of New York University examines the encounter between Germany's Third Reich and the Jews of the twenty European countries that fell under Nazi domination between 1933 and 1945.Contents:
Subject(s): Germany | History | Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) | Jews | Politics and government | War--CausesOriginal Publisher: Prince Frederick, MD, [Prince Frederick, Md.], Recorded Books, [Distributed by] OneClick DigitalLanguage(s): EnglishISBN: 9781449869458
- What is "The Holocaust" and what can be learned from studying its history?
- The origins of a murderous idea
- Why Germany?
- From idea to action: the twisted road to Auschwitz
- Facing persecution
- The ghetto regime
- Killing begins
- Organizing death
- German successes and failures
- Fighting death: the problem of consciousness
- Strategies for living and dying
- Their brothers' keepers?
- While six million died
- The Holocaust and the modern condition.