- Author: Drout, Michael D. C.Edition: UnabridgedDate:,Created2011Copyrighted2008Summary:
Professor Drout continues to explore humanity's intimate association with language, here delving into the finer points of grammar. The intricacies of grammar, in fact, should not be relegated to the realm of fussy "guardians of the language," but are rather essential clues all can employ to communicate more exactly. In such a light, this course forms an invaluable guide for everyone from all fields of interest.Contents:
Original Publisher: Prince Frederick, MD, [Prince Frederick, Md.], Recorded Books, [Distributed by] OneClick DigitalLanguage(s): EnglishISBN: 9781449869519
- The red panda and the Drout Way: A sensible approach to grammar
- What is grammar? Why is it the wat it is: The short history of the English language
- G-H-O-T-I spells fish
- Word classes
- Pronouns and the noun system
- The verb system I
- The verb system II: Infinitives, participles, gerunds
- The verb system III: Truly irregular verbs
- Subjects and predicates and objects, oh, my!
- Phrases and clauses, word choices and pauses
- Punctuation: Pause and effect
- Fight! Fight! Fight! For English (for English?).