- Author: hooks, bellDate:Created2004Summary:
In a social and cultural analysis, the author explores the world of masculinity and maleness to address some of men's most common concerns, including a fear of intimacy and the loss of their patriarchal place in society, arguing that an emotionally rewarding inner life holds the key to successful intimate relationships.Contents:
Subject(s): Identity | Intimacy (Psychology) | Masculinity | Men | Psychology | Self-esteem in men | Sex roleOriginal Publisher: New York, Atria BooksLanguage(s): EnglishISBN: 0743456076
- Preface: About Men
- 1. Wanted: Men Who Love
- 2. Understanding Patriarchy
- 3. Being a Boy
- 4. Stopping Male Violence
- 5. Male Sexual Being
- 6. Work: What's Love Got to Do with It?
- 7. Feminist Manhood
- 8. Popular Culture: Media Masculinity
- 9. Healing Male Spirit
- 10. Reclaiming Male Integrity
- 11. Loving Men.