"In 2008, Canada established a Truth and Reconciliation Commission to mend the deep rifts between Aboriginal peoples and the settler society that created Canada's notorious residential school system. Unsettling the Settler Within argues...
- Unsettling the settler within: Indian residential schools, truth telling, and reconciliation in CanadaAuthor:Regan, PauletteSummary:
- Author:Manuel, ArthurSummary:
Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to Canada's most glaring piece of unfinished business: the place of Indigenous peoples within the country's political and economic space. The story is told through Arthur's voice but he traces...
- Author:Manuel, Arthur, Derrickson, Ronald M.Summary:
In this book Arthur Manuel and Grand Chief Ronald Derrickson challenge virtually everything that non-Indigenous Canadians believe about their relationship with Indigenous Peoples and the steps that are needed to place this relationship...
- Author:Marshall, JosephSummary:
Presents a biography of the peerless warrior who defeated the U.S. Army at the Battle of Little Bighorn. To his fellow Lakota Indians, Crazy Horse was a dutiful son and humble fighting man who, with valor, spirit, respect, and...
- Author:Shannon, Timothy J.Summary:
Shannon paints a vivid picture of the American frontier's most successful Indian confederacy.
- Author:Drury, Bob.Summary:
Draws on Red Cloud's autobiography, which was lost for nearly a hundred years, to present the story of the great Oglala Sioux chief who was the only Plains Indian to defeat the United States Army in a war.
- Author:Wilson, JanetSummary:
- Author:Talaga, TanyaSummary:
In 1966, twelve-year-old Chanie Wenjack froze to death on the railway tracks after running away from residential school. An inquest was called and four recommendations were made to prevent another tragedy. None of those recommendations...
- Author:Hoehn, FelixSummary:
- Rapport final de la Commission de vérité et réconciliation du Canada : volume 4, enfants disparus et lieux de sépulture non marquésAuthor:Summary:
- Rapport final de la Commission de vérité et réconciliation du Canada : volume 3, l’expérience métisseAuthor:Summary:
- Rapport final de la Commission de vérité et réconciliation du Canada : volume 2, l’expérience inuite et nordiqueAuthor:Summary:
- Rapport final de la Commission de vérité et réconciliation du Canada : volume 1, l’ histoire, partie 2, de 1939 à 2000Author:Summary:
- Rapport final de la Commission de vérité et réconciliation du Canada : volume 1, l’ histoire, partie 1, des origines à 1939Author:Summary:
- Rapport final de la Commission de vérité et réconciliation du Canada : sommaire exécutif, honorer la vérité, réconcilier pour l’avenirAuthor:Summary:
- Author:Miller, Robert J.Summary:
More Will Sing Their Way to Freedom is about Indigenous resistance and resurgence across lands and waters claimed by Canada. Both Indigenous and non-Indigenous contributors describe and analyze struggles against contemporary colonialism...
- Author:Hogue, MichelSummary: