- Author:Atkin, John, Lau, Evelyn, Lazarus, Eve, Partridge, Stephen, Partridge, Elise, Mackie, John, Simmers, Bren, Gold, KerrySummary:
- Author:Wong, LindsaySummary:
In this jaw-dropping, darkly comedic memoir, a young woman comes of age in a dysfunctional Asian family whose members blamed their woes on ghosts and demons when in fact they should have been on anti-psychotic meds. Lindsay Wong grew up...
- Author:Lee, J. J.Summary:
For years, journalist and amateur tailor JJ Lee tried to ignore the navy suit that hung at the back of his closet — his late father's last suit. When he decides to finally make the suit his own, little does he know he is about to embark...
- Author:Yee, PaulSummary:
When her father is lost at sea during a typhoon and her family no longer has enough to eat, Yenyee travels to Vancouver as a servant, across the ocean which she feels betrayed her.
- Author:Campbell, BartSummary:
- Author:Smith, Alisa DawnSummary:
- Author:De Vries, MaggieSummary:
On April 14, 1998, Sarah de Vries disappeared from her usual spot on the corner of Princess and Hastings in Vancouver. She became one of the many women who had vanished from the Downtown Eastside—women, most of them sex workers and drug...
- Author:Fralic, ShelleySummary:
- Author:Kheraj, SeanSummary:
In early December 2006, a powerful windstorm ripped through Vancouver's Stanley Park. The storm transformed the city's most treasured landmark into a tangle of splintered trees and shattered a decades-old vision of the park as timeless...
- Author:Lazarus, EveSummary:
Hundreds of murders remain unsolved in Vancouver, some dating back decades; their victims are now essentially invisible, forgotten by everyone except family and friends. Sometimes their cases are reopened, looked at again with a fresh...