Provided by Pipi Adams
- 1-yard cord, thin ribbon, or shoestrings.
- 2 pieces of fabric, cotton or flannel, 6 x 12
- Place right sides of fabric together. You should have 2 rectangles on top of each other so that the right sides of each fabric are facing in.
- Hand sew along both long sides of the fabrics. When finished you should have a sleeve that is turned wrong sides out.
- Turn your fabric so that the right sides are facing out. Flatten down the seams and straighten the fabric.
- Cut 4, 9 inch pieces of cord.
- Fold over one short side of fabric about 1/2 inch. Put one piece of cord in the fold. Sew the cord into place. Pull on it to make sure it is secure.
- Repeat process with 2nd piece of cord at the bottom of the same fold.
- Hold mask to your face so that the side with the attached cords sits just in front of your ear.
- Make a fold on the unfinished side just in front of the other ear.
- Sew the 3rd and 4th pieces of cord into the fold at the top and bottom.
- Cut off any excess fabric from this side, leaving a 1/2 inch piece.
- On the short side of your fabric, make 2 to 3 pleats and sew them in place. Repeat on the other short side.