Tools: Word processor (any), DAISY Pipeline
Using word processor software, such as LibreOffice, OpenOffice or Microsoft Word, follow these steps to prepare a quick DAISY book:
- Set the title of the document to the style "Title".
Add a blurb for the production that explains how production is being done. E.g.:
About this digital talking book:
Navigation of this digital talking book is by chapter at the first navigation level. This is a talking book prepared for the National Network of Equitable Library Service. May 2013.
Check for Find and Replace work to do on common mistakes or target abbreviations.
- Combine separate chapter files into a single file, if not already combined.
- Set chapter titles to "Heading 1".
- Add pagination.
- Save as
- Proof again to make document as error free as possible by assessing typical scanning pitfalls:
- How to manage running title errors
- Predictable abbreviations
- Egregious OCR errors
- Save as DTBook XML.
- Open DAISY Pipeline.
Create and distribute.
- Run the job to generate the DAISY book.
- When the job is complete, run the Pipeline job for
Modify and Improve->
Audio tagger. This will generate the playlist.