Publisher:Career Press, 2005Note: This book was purchased with support from the Government of Canada's Social Development Partnerships Program - Disability Component.
- Author: Kennedy, JoeDate:Created2005Summary:
An Owner's Manual provides fast, practical and direct advice and that's what you get with this book! The Small Business Owner's Manual is useful for newly minted entrepreneurs as well as seasoned business owners and can be read from cover-to-cover or to quickly look up information in the midst of a crisis. For example:
- Choose among 13 ways to get new financing and the 17 steps to building a winning loan package.
- Weigh the pros and cons among 8 legal structures, from corporations to LLCs.
- Write winning ads and analyze 16 advertising and marketing alternatives including the latest in Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
- Develop a powerful business plan in half the time.
- Learn to sell products and services by considering 10 possible sales and distribution channels.
- Discover the latest trends to quickly and inexpensively set up a website and e-store.
- Get taxes paid on time, collect from deadbeats, protect the business from litigation and get legal agreements with teeth by effectively finding and partnering with CPAs and attorneys.
- Get a quick overview of the 14 top forms of business insurance including workers comp and medical.
- Looking to lease? Exploit a comprehensive review of the top 18 critical factors used to evaluate locations and 24 of the most important clauses in lease agreements.
- Understand the legal side of hiring, firing, and managing employees and contractors.
- Minimize taxes by learning the ins-and-outs of business income taxes, the top five payroll taxes, sales and use taxes, common tax dodges, and the latest loopholes for business owners. Filing schedules, form names, form numbers and download links are also included.
- Credit cards are critical these days, so learn how the system really works and minimize chargebacks, disputes and headaches. Includes 35 important definitions and 12 ways to minimize fraud.
- Lots more too!
Joe Kennedy has more than twenty years of experience in operating and working with hundreds of small businesses, a degree in finance and an MBA. He knows how entrepreneurs think and their drive to get to the essence of an issue, make the right decision and quickly move on. Impatient business owners will prefer this book since only the most relevant information is provided. A few bigger books are out there but this one is not puffed out with clutter and other information you already knew. With years of experience in the IT industry, Joe knows a lot about the Internet too so the content here is better than web-based searches. The Small Business Owner's Manual is great for those starting a business, operators of existing enterprises, or as a gift.Genre: Business and economicsOriginal Publisher: Franklin Lakes, Career PressLanguage(s): EnglishISBN: 9781601637987Collection(s)/Series: Employment Resources