In 1927, at the urging of twenty-one-year-old Harriet, Mrs. Livingston reluctantly recalls her experiences at the Triangle Shirtwaist factory, including miserable working conditions that led to a strike, then the fire that took the...
Strikes and lockouts
- Author:Haddix, Margaret PetersonSummary:
- Author:Bowden, Charles, Kesey, KenSummary:
This wild-spirited tale tells of a bitter strike that rages through a small lumber town along the Oregon coast. Bucking that strike out of sheer cussedness are the Stampers. Out of the Stamper familys rivalries and betrayals Ken Kesey...
- Author:Mulder, MichelleSummary:
- Author:Honey, Michael K.Summary:
With novelistic drama and rich scholarly detail, Michael Honey brings to life the magnetic characters who clashed on the Memphis battlefield: stalwart black workers; fiery black ministers; volatile, young, black-power advocates;...
- Author:Sembène, OusmaneSummary:
- Author:Zola, EmileSummary:
- Author:Dublin, AnneSummary:
"In 1931 during the Great Depression sisters Sophie and Rose join the Toronto Dressmakers' Strike and the fight of their lives."--Back cover