Yossi Mendelsohn works hard to help his family survive after they flee Russia to find a better life in Montreal. He sells newspapers and carries bundles from the garment factory. Yossi longs to play "le hockey" with the French boys, but...
Strikes and lockouts
- Auteur:Schwartz, EllenSommaire:
- Auteur:Haddix, Margaret PetersonSommaire:
In 1927, at the urging of twenty-one-year-old Harriet, Mrs. Livingston reluctantly recalls her experiences at the Triangle Shirtwaist factory, including miserable working conditions that led to a strike, then the fire that took the...
- The edge of anarchy : the railroad barons, the Gilded Age, and the greatest labor uprising in AmericaAuteur:Kelly, JackSommaire:
At the pinnacle of the Gilded Age, a boycott of Pullman sleeping cars by hundreds of thousands of railroad employees brought commerce to a standstill across much of the country. With the country now in a New Gilded Age, this look back...
- Auteur:Bowden, Charles, Kesey, KenSommaire:
This wild-spirited tale tells of a bitter strike that rages through a small lumber town along the Oregon coast. Bucking that strike out of sheer cussedness are the Stampers. Out of the Stamper familys rivalries and betrayals Ken Kesey...
- Auteur:Mulder, MichelleSommaire:
- Auteur:Sembène, OusmaneSommaire:
- Auteur:Zola, ÉmileSommaire:
A father and three children, with four more at home, toil brutal hours in the coal mines of nineteenth-century France but still can barely afford to eat. Soon the settlement is aflame with a plan for revolt.
- Auteur:Zola, EmileSommaire:
- Auteur:Dublin, AnneSommaire:
In 1931 during the Great Depression sisters Sophie and Rose join the Toronto Dressmakers' Strike and the fight of their lives.