We appreciate the assistance libraries and users would like to provide in donating audiobooks. However, due to copyright issues, we cannot always accept donations or contributions. Generally, if the title you wish to donate or...
FAQ for Library Staff
NNELS partners should be familiar with the Accessible Library Services for Persons with Disabilities website info from OLA. Here is one of our...
DAISY discs produced for your patrons can be reused at your library. Patrons can return them for you to reuse right away or you can hold them in a subset of your collection until someone chooses to re-use them in the...
If your library has an established connector to your ILS, assign patrons with print disabilities to the agreed-upon patron or borrower type(s) in your local library card database. If you're not sure what that type is, please ask your...
- Has the patron has been assigned the correct patron-type in your ILS? (For Evergreen users, the patron types are "PL- Print-Disabled" and "Post-Sec Print Disabled”.)
- Is the patron entering their barcode and library-issued...
NNELS is funded entirely by participating provincial and territorial governments. There are no additional charges for participating libraries or patrons.
NNELS books come from several sources:
- contributed or licensed content from publishers or providers;
- books we scan, digitize and produce as electronic text and audio files;
- content shared from partner...
NNELS accepts requests from libraries on a monthly basis, preferably on the first day of every month. If you have only one or two requests every month, then you may request titles through the...
There are numerous programs that will help you convert audio CDs to a digital audio files, also known as "ripping" CDs.
Below you will find links to existing tutorials on other sites, as well as notes on the recommended settings...
You will need to download and install Obi (Windows only).
- Open Obi and create a new project.
- Name your project using the book title.
- Double click on the box...