Formats disponibles :
NNELS formats guide
- Auteur: Stanovich, Keith E.Edition: 9th edDate:Issued2010Contents:
Éditeur original: Boston : Allyn & Bacon ; Montréal : Pearson, c2010Langue(s): English
- Psychology is alive and well (and doing fine among the sciences)
- Falsifiability : how to foil little green men in the head
- Operationism and essentialism : "But, doctor, what does it really mean?"
- Testimonials and case study evidence : placebo effects and the Amazing Randi
- Correlation and causation : birth control by the toaster method
- Getting things under control : the case of Clever Hans
- "But it's not real life!" : the "artificiality," criticism and psychology
- Avoiding the Einstein syndrome : the importance of converging evidence
- The misguided search for the "magic bullet" : the issue of multiple causation
- The Achilles' heel of human cognition : probabilistic reasoning
- The role of chance in psychology
- The Rodney Dangerfield of the sciences.