Main content

Special-Care Homes by PLEA (Saskatchewan)

Available Formats:


  • Date:

    Please note: legislation affecting adults in special-care homes may vary significantly from province to province. If you are looking for this information for a province other than Saskatchewan, please contact NNELS support.

    In Saskatchewan there are special-care homes that provide care for people whose needs can no longer be met in the community. In this publication, the term "special-care home" refers to a nursing home or other facility that is designated by the Minister of Health and operated through a Regional Health Authority (RHA) or an affiliated agency. Admission to special-care homes is approved through the regional assessment process. This publication is aimed at individuals who may need the care provided by a special-care home, as well as interested family members.

    Original Publisher: Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan
    Language(s): English