Whether looking back to a troubled past or welcoming a hopeful future, the powerful voices of Indigenous women across North America resound in this book. In the same style as the best-selling Dreaming in Indian, #Not Your Princess...
The First Nations, Inuit and Métis Voices Project
The First Nations, Inuit and Métis Voices Project was created to produce accessible Indigenous authored and narrated audiobooks. During this project we provided our narrators with the following:
- Portable recording kits sent to the narrator's home,
- One on one training in recording and narration
- Accessibility testers to evaluate and contribute to image descriptions
- Standard audiobook narration wages
- Publication of the finished audiobook as part of the NNELS repository (available to everyone with a print disability)
- Auteur:Charleyboy, LisaSommaire:
- Auteur:Knott, HelenSommaire:
"Helen Knott, a highly accomplished Indigenous woman, seems to have it all. But in her memoir, she offers a different perspective. In My Own Moccasins is an unflinching account of addiction, intergenerational trauma, and the wounds...
- Auteur:George, BridgetSommaire:
A colourful children's book written in a rhyming combination of English and Ojibwe. It's a Mitig! guides young readers through the forest while introducing them to Ojibwe words for nature. From sunup to sundown, encounter an amik...
- Auteur:Luby, BrittanySommaire:
In this lyrical story-poem, written in Anishinaabemowin and English, a child and grandmother explore their surroundings, taking pleasure in the familiar sights that each new season brings.
- Auteur:King, ThomasSommaire:
From the award-winning and #1 bestselling author of The Back of the Turtle; Green Grass, Running Water and The Inconvenient Indian Thumps DreadfulWater's world is turned upside down when Nina Maslow, the producer of a true-crime reality...
- Auteur:Weenie, KendraSommaire:
This book will resonate with those who have lived with violence and educate many who don't understand how difficult it can be to leave an abusive partner. Clearly written and interspersed with messages of hope and tips for self-care,...
- Auteur:Huson, Brett D.Sommaire:
An engaging look at how the animals, people, and seasons within an ecosystem are intertwined. To the Gitxsan people of Northwestern British Columbia, the eagle is an integral part of the natural landscape. Together, they share the land...