When superstar athlete Jim Thorpe and football legend Pop Warner met in 1904 at the Carlisle Indian Industrial School in Pennsylvania, they forged one of the winningest teams in American football history. Called "the team that...
Indigenous peoples, Treatment of
- Auteur:Sheinkin, SteveSommaire:
- Auteur:Grey, ZaneSommaire:
The story of a young Navajo who is raised by white parents and struggles to find a place in society.
- Auteur:Spence, GerrySommaire:
This is the untold story of Collins Catch the Bear, a Lakota Sioux, who was wrongfully charged as part of a conspiracy with the murder of a white man.
- Auteur:King, ThomasSommaire:
- Auteur:Dorries, Heather, Henry, Robert, Hugill, David, McCreary, Tyler, Tomiak, JulieSommaire:
While cities like Winnipeg, Minneapolis, Saskatoon, Rapid City, Edmonton, Missoula, Regina, and Tulsa are places where Indigenous marginalization has been most acute, they have also long been sites of Indigenous placemaking and...
- Auteur:Crummey, MichaelSommaire:
With a poetic eye and a gift for storytelling, Crummey vividly depicts the stark Newfoundland backcountry. He shows the agonies of the men toiling towards the caribou slaughtering yards of the Beothuk; of coming upon the terrible beauty...
- Auteur:Taussig, Michael T.Sommaire:
In this book, a make-believe cocaine museum becomes a vantage point from which to assess the lives of Afro-Colombian gold miners drawn into the dangerous world of cocaine production in the rain forest of Colombia's Pacific Coast....
- Auteur:Deloria, VineSommaire:
- Auteur:Brown, DeeSommaire:
Dee Brown's meticulously documented account of the systematic destruction of the American Indian during the second half of the nineteenth century.
- Auteur:Barry, SebastianSommaire:
When Winona Cole, an orphaned child of the Lakota Indians, is violently attacked, she takes matters into her own hands and embarks on a quest for justice that will uncover the dark secrets of her past.
- Auteur:Casas, Bartolomé de lasSommaire: