Bor argues his controversial new theory that consciousness evolved as a way for humans to organize and structure knowledge, as part of our natural drive to innovate.
- The ravenous brain : how the new science of consciousness explains our insatiable search for meaningAuteur:Bor, DanielSommaire:
- Auteur:Gluck, Mark A.Sommaire:
- Auteur:Swingle, Mari K.Sommaire:
Engaging and scientifically rigorous, this fully updated edition of i-Minds explores screen-based technology's assimilation into our lives, pondering them as both godsend and plague, demonstrating how constant connectivity is changing...
- Auteur:Thalken, JasonSommaire:
CRUSHES MYTHS. UTTERLY BRILLIANT! An in-depth look into the physics behind martial arts Whether you are an experienced martial artist or a curious enthusiast, this book gives you an "unfair advantage" by unraveling the complex...
- Auteur:Jurek, ScottSommaire:
Offers an inspirational account of Jurek's life as a runner and vegan. Regaling readers with jaw-dropping tales of endurance, Jurek also delivers sound science and practical advice--as well as his favorite plant-based recipes.
- Change your brain, change your life : the breakthrough program for conquering anxiety, depression, obsessiveness, anger, and impulsivenessAuteur:Amen, Daniel G.Sommaire:
Dr. Amen explains how you can optimize your brain to achieve your fullest potential. Using state-of-the-art brain imaging technology, Dr. Amen has spent the last decade helping thousands of patients understand how the way their brains...
- Auteur:Smith, Michael ActonSommaire:
Packed with facts and anecdotes, this book offers life-changing tips such as how to make your room more sleep-friendly and how to use sleeping to improve learning.
- Auteur:Falconer, TimSommaire:
"In the tradition of Daniel Levitin's This Is Your Brain on Music and Oliver Sacks' Musicophilia, Bad Singer follows the delightful journey of Tim Falconer as he tries to overcome tone deafness--and along the way...
- Auteur:Cavanaugh, John C.Sommaire: