Temps de fonctionnement: 03:11 hrsVoix de: Apple Alex (synthetic)Éditeur:BC Libraries Cooperative, 2016
Éditeur:BC Libraries Cooperative, 2016
- Edition: Version 3.0Date:Issued2016Summary:
Please note: legislation affecting older adults may vary significantly from province to province. If you are looking for this information for a province other than Saskatchewan, please contact NNELS support.
A comprehensive guide to the law for older adults including sections on:
- Family Law and dealing with changes to the family unit, options for independent and assisted living, decision-making and guardianship.
- Health Care and staying involved with treatment decisions, options for consent and privacy considerations.
- Money and Property and considerations for planning for the future, retirement income, creating a power of attorney, and wills and estates.
- Fraud, Trickery and Abuse and protection for older and vulnerable adults in the marketplace, at home and in the community.
- Lawyers and getting legal advice, understanding legal fees and options for representation.
Also includes important tips for playing it safe in a number of situations and suggestions for additional information.
This book has been prepared, published and distributed by the Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan (PLEA). The purpose of PLEA and this booklet is to provide the public with an introduction to a particular area of law. The content of publication this is intended as general legal information only and should not form the basis of legal advice of any kind. Individuals seeking specific legal advice should consult a lawyer.
PLEA is a non-profit, non-government organization funded by the Law Foundation of Saskatchewan and Justice Canada. PLEA also receives generous support from Saskatchewan Justice. PLEA is supported by the Law Society of Saskatchewan, Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch), College of Law, Saskatchewan Legal Aid Commission, Ministry of Education, Saskatoon Public Library and the public libraries and regional colleges throughout the province.Original Publisher: Saskatoon : Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan, Language(s): English