As Western troops withdraw from Afghanistan, the Afghan National Army (A.N.A.), such as it is, has been tasked with securing the country. Yet the A.N.A. arose under foreign tutelage and will remain dependent upon foreign support for...
- Auteur:Jalalzai, Musa Khan, Durrani, AsadSommaire:
- Auteur:Cluskey, Emma McSommaire:
In the wake of Europe's so-called refugee crisis in 2015 and 2016, even traditionally open countries such as Sweden and Germany adopted hostile policies on refugees, closing borders and linking refugees with terrorism and threats...
- Auteur:Dershowitz, Alan, Greenwald, Glenn, Hayden, Michael, Ohanian, Alexis, Snowden, EdwardSommaire:
Does government surveillance make us safer? The thirteenth Munk Debate, held in Toronto on Friday, May 2, 2014, pitted Michael Hayden and Alan Dershowitz against Glenn Greenwald and Alexis Ohanian to debate whether state surveillance is...
- Blacklisted by history : the untold story of Senator Joe McCarthy and his fight against America's enemiesAuteur:Evans, M. StantonSommaire:
This long-awaited book, based on six years of intensive research, dismantles the myths surrounding Joe McCarthy and his campaign to unmask Communists, Soviet agents, and flagrant loyalty risks working within the US government.
- Auteur:Schrecker, EllenSommaire:
In this course, Yeshiva University history professor Ellen Schrecker investigates the early years of the Cold War and the anticommunist witch hunt that we now call McCarthyism as it swept through Americna society.